Current H!GhL!Ght @ the S.C....

SiMPSON DiD iT!

...we UPSET our BiGGEST RiVAL, the Central Dutch in a nervewracking, but AMAZiNG football game last Saturday!

It was a COLD, COLD day, but the STORM was HOT...we went ahead 17-7; Central fought back to tie it (thankfully we held 'em to only a field goal) & the game went in to OT. We scored on a 2nd down 25 yard pass. Then on Central's 2nd down, STORM senior Tim Stover INTERCEPTED it to WiN 24-17! The fact that it was AT CENTRAL made the win even better.

I wish I could see the replay! :D

This was the PERFECT end to a 7-3 season & PERFECT beginning to a new SiMPSON STORM DOMiNATiON..it was very special for the seniors, the NEW coaching staff, the 8 SPiRiTED shirtless guys cheering on a freezing day, & the entire SiMPSON community.

READ The Des Moines Register article here.
READ the SiMPSON press release here.
CHECK OUT photos from the game here.
APPLY to SiMPSON for FREE here.
Be a STORM athlete here.

Which of these SiMPSON May Term 2009 trips abroad would YOU like to join?

What is your favorite part of college life, or the thing you look forward to the most?

Thursday, October 4, 2007

< ding, ding > EMPTY.


You're lookin' at the newest Guiness World Record Holder (at least I'm pretty sure it's close...). Today I drove 43 miles on EMPTY even after the warning signal came on! ...not by choice. I had no idea that there would be no civilization until my next destination!

I had a college fair at Elizabeth High School, CO (40 miles east of Denver) & then there was a caravan of us Admissions Counselors on the way to our next fair in Limon (50 more miles east). Well, I didn't grab any gas before leaving town cuz I assumed I would see something along the way. Pssshhh, stupid me! I saw endless miles of brown prairie & a ranch every 10 miles until I got to Limon! Thankfully, I had another rep behind me, so if I actually did run out, I could ride into town with her. I rolled into the gas station in Limon on fumes... - LOL!

I filled up & all of us reps ate lunch at the local Denny's (the only option). After that fair, I drove 90 miles back west to Boulder for my night fair.

Right now I'm chowin' down a tuna salad sandwich & chocolate milkshake at this restaurant called Which Wich? while watching America's best Major League Baseball team, the New York Yankees!! I'm a huge fan & that's an understatement. :) They're playing the Indians in the Division playoffs (thankfully not the Red Sox). I'm gonna miss the 2nd half of the game though.:( My next fair isn't until 7:00, so I'm gonna catch up on some work e-mails & write some notes to students. ...okay, & possibly check out a few of the little shops here on University Hill of the U of Colorado. ;)

I did hear something at one of the fairs that I had never heard before:
A student approached my table & I asked him if there was a particular program he was looking for...he responded (in complete seriousness) "I'm lookin' to be a pro mascot." I thought that was an interesting goal, but continued on with the conversation...

Did You Know?

This week is Simpson's Homecoming Week & it's FULL of sweet, exciting activities! The theme is "Pickin' Tulips & Takin' Names" since we're playing the Central Dutch from Pella, tulip country. Students have been busy streetpainting, creating skits for a contest, getting ready for "Yell Like Hell," playing Powder Puff football, decorating campus & competing in the campus Olympics. Saturday is the big Homecoming football game after the tailgate & then Stormy Nights events to follow.


"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

- Abraham Lincoln

No comments: