Current H!GhL!Ght @ the S.C....

SiMPSON DiD iT!

...we UPSET our BiGGEST RiVAL, the Central Dutch in a nervewracking, but AMAZiNG football game last Saturday!

It was a COLD, COLD day, but the STORM was HOT...we went ahead 17-7; Central fought back to tie it (thankfully we held 'em to only a field goal) & the game went in to OT. We scored on a 2nd down 25 yard pass. Then on Central's 2nd down, STORM senior Tim Stover INTERCEPTED it to WiN 24-17! The fact that it was AT CENTRAL made the win even better.

I wish I could see the replay! :D

This was the PERFECT end to a 7-3 season & PERFECT beginning to a new SiMPSON STORM DOMiNATiON..it was very special for the seniors, the NEW coaching staff, the 8 SPiRiTED shirtless guys cheering on a freezing day, & the entire SiMPSON community.

READ The Des Moines Register article here.
READ the SiMPSON press release here.
CHECK OUT photos from the game here.
APPLY to SiMPSON for FREE here.
Be a STORM athlete here.

Which of these SiMPSON May Term 2009 trips abroad would YOU like to join?

What is your favorite part of college life, or the thing you look forward to the most?

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Along Southern Minnesota...

When driving up the hill to Loyola High School in Mankato, MN, I noticed this bike that had been mowed into the side of a hill - pretty cool!

After my Omaha college fair Sunday, I headed North to Minnesota with high school visits scheduled in Mankato on Monday, but I stayed with friends in Worthington, MN. I absolutely ADORE their little tyke, Rob! He's one of the HAPPiEST li'l human beings I've ever seen. He'll be three in November & is expecting a little sister in February. So, Little Sis got his crib & he got a NEW BiG BOY BED! Here he is showing it off to me...

Nope, I wasn't visiting a space station, this is me approaching one of my high schools today...in very rural southern Minnesota, LOL! The elementary & high school are organized in about 4 concrete "pods"...never seen anything like it...


After visits in Owatonna, Albert Lea & Austin this morning, I had some time to kill before a 1:40 visit in Grand Meadow, so not only did I get a MUCH needed hair cut (with an AWESOME head massage!), I ate at another local joint...Piggy Blue's BBQ! :) I can't wait to stop back in the spring, it was DELiCiOUS! I had the Cheesy Burger, french fries & some of the BEST baked beans around...

I ended today meeting one of our SIMPSON juniors' brothers, Michael, in Spring Valley, MN. He just got his acceptance letter last night, so YAY! The rest of the week I'll be visiting schools in Rochester, Red Wing, & Winona. I'm pretty excited to see how BEAUTiFUL Red Wing is this time of the year along the Mississippi River!

...right now I'm watching Charlie Brown's Great Pumpkin...LOVE all the Charlie Brown holiday shows, even if I've seen 'em a thousand & a half times! ;)


No comments: