Current H!GhL!Ght @ the S.C....

SiMPSON DiD iT!

...we UPSET our BiGGEST RiVAL, the Central Dutch in a nervewracking, but AMAZiNG football game last Saturday!

It was a COLD, COLD day, but the STORM was HOT...we went ahead 17-7; Central fought back to tie it (thankfully we held 'em to only a field goal) & the game went in to OT. We scored on a 2nd down 25 yard pass. Then on Central's 2nd down, STORM senior Tim Stover INTERCEPTED it to WiN 24-17! The fact that it was AT CENTRAL made the win even better.

I wish I could see the replay! :D

This was the PERFECT end to a 7-3 season & PERFECT beginning to a new SiMPSON STORM DOMiNATiON..it was very special for the seniors, the NEW coaching staff, the 8 SPiRiTED shirtless guys cheering on a freezing day, & the entire SiMPSON community.

READ The Des Moines Register article here.
READ the SiMPSON press release here.
CHECK OUT photos from the game here.
APPLY to SiMPSON for FREE here.
Be a STORM athlete here.

Which of these SiMPSON May Term 2009 trips abroad would YOU like to join?

What is your favorite part of college life, or the thing you look forward to the most?

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks.


Tomorrow is THANKSGiViNG DAY & millions of Americans will be sitting down to consume piles more food than we do on a normal day...completely ignoring the "PLEASE STOP BEFORE I BLOW" grumbles from our interior organs. As you do this, I ask that you stop to remember, or say a prayer, for those other people in our world who sadly do not have such a privilege, or even enough food on any day. May God bless them AND those who are volunteering their holiday to serve food to homeless families! :) ...also take a moment to consider those who cannot be with family or who have recently lost a loved one; many of us are very BLESSED for what we have & who we have in our lives. THANKSGiViNG is a time to be GRATEFUL & as one of my family's traditions, we always go around the table before dinner saying something we're thankful for, SOOO...


On THANKSGiViNG DAY 2008, here is my answer
(yes, some are cliche, but no less important):

Mom, Dad, my brother Cory, Josh, & all my aunts, uncles, & cousins

Grandma & Grandpa Berkenes who are still going strong in their mid-80's!

Dear friends, particularly as I go through a difficult point in my life

SIMPSON COLLEGE - for the education it provided me, my job as an Admissions Counselor, my incredible co-workers, the opportunity to travel the country, & the talented students I get to work with

God & my FAiTH

My car that continues to hang on by a thread at 190,000 miles so that after my LAST payment next month, I can be $264.23 richer (or less poor) each month, LOL...yeah, check back to see if this makes the list next year

Good health

Food - shout out to mac 'n cheese, ice cream, Jimmy John's, french fries & Reeses!

President Elect Barack Obama

Entertainment to occupy my mind during this difficult time - good books, mushy celebrity gossip mags, reality T.V., football & basketball games, board games, crossword puzzles, Facebook, my camera, good movies...

Animals - both real and stuffed, LOL...they're comforting either way :)

A home
- particularly that we're trying to sell ours & our realtor just told us the people who looked at it last weekend have it on their short list, WOOT! With today's economic state, you'll hear my thunderous roar once it's SOLD.

Life.

Hope.

Now it's your turn...what are YOU thankful for?

No comments: