Current H!GhL!Ght @ the S.C....

SiMPSON DiD iT!

...we UPSET our BiGGEST RiVAL, the Central Dutch in a nervewracking, but AMAZiNG football game last Saturday!

It was a COLD, COLD day, but the STORM was HOT...we went ahead 17-7; Central fought back to tie it (thankfully we held 'em to only a field goal) & the game went in to OT. We scored on a 2nd down 25 yard pass. Then on Central's 2nd down, STORM senior Tim Stover INTERCEPTED it to WiN 24-17! The fact that it was AT CENTRAL made the win even better.

I wish I could see the replay! :D

This was the PERFECT end to a 7-3 season & PERFECT beginning to a new SiMPSON STORM DOMiNATiON..it was very special for the seniors, the NEW coaching staff, the 8 SPiRiTED shirtless guys cheering on a freezing day, & the entire SiMPSON community.

READ The Des Moines Register article here.
READ the SiMPSON press release here.
CHECK OUT photos from the game here.
APPLY to SiMPSON for FREE here.
Be a STORM athlete here.

Which of these SiMPSON May Term 2009 trips abroad would YOU like to join?

What is your favorite part of college life, or the thing you look forward to the most?

Friday, August 17, 2007

cheese curds, mini donuts & road trip OH MY!











So, I'm totally pumped about tonight...I'm headed to pretty much THE coolest thing in this underrated state of IOWA! Yes...the IOWA STATE FAIR, yay! Hey, it may sound cheesy, but it is the largest State Fair in the country and listed in the book 1,000 Places to See Before You Die ...in the world! :P Here are my top ten reasons I look forward to the fair, despite a 100 degree heat index:

1.) Scrumdidlyumcious homemade cheese curds.

2.) Cup 'o cookies - a dozen little chocolate chip cookies right outta the oven.

3.) Cinnamon mini-donuts. Thank you God!

4.) Picking up all the free junk & signing up to win stuff in the Varied Industries & Tourism Buildings.

5.) Checking out the Carnies in the Midway. Gross, but entertaining. :P

6.) Running into old friends.

7.) Riding the Double-Ferris Wheel & Giant Slide. I'm still a child at heart! :)

8.) Looking at the Cultural Building's photo & art displays.

9.) Bill Riley's Talent Sprouts Countest. They're SO cute!

10.) THE BEST: People-watching! Every "population" you can imagine is seen at the State Fair...

Besides my annual trip to the State Fair, I get to road-trip to the Twin Cities this weekend with "The Rookie" Jame-O from Admissions & Ambassador Drew (a.k.a. Future Winner of the yet to be created t.v. reality show America's Next Top Actor)! The Admissions Office & the Alumni Relations Office are hosting the Minnesota Send-Off Sunday evening for the incoming Minnesota students, area alumni & current Simpson students. It's so fun to see all my students make connections before moving in next weekend! Not only am I excited for that event, but I can't wait to eat at one of my favorite restaurants "Noodles & Company," which they don't yet have in Des Moines. The Wisconsin Mac 'n Cheese ranks right up there with the NY Yankees in awesomeness! Anyway, I look forward to having the company on the trip up & chattin' with Drew before he becomes a Londonite soon.

SHOUT OUT to Sabra, the winner of my favorite t.v. show "So, You Think You Can Dance!" I was SO happy to see her win - she's definitely THE best dancer & most beautiful gal I've ever seen! :)

Did You Know?

'99 Simpson graduate Coulter Allison landed a role on the hit show Dawson's Creek.

"I used to keep my college roommate from reading my personal mail by hiding it iun her textbooks." - Joan Welsh

2 comments:

Beth - Admissions Counselor said...

I can't believe you like anything with "curd" in the title. It's SO not you!

Jamie O. said...

I did not know that the fair was listed as one of the thousand places to see before you die...sweet!

See you in the AM for our weekend adventure! Yay!