Current H!GhL!Ght @ the S.C....

SiMPSON DiD iT!

...we UPSET our BiGGEST RiVAL, the Central Dutch in a nervewracking, but AMAZiNG football game last Saturday!

It was a COLD, COLD day, but the STORM was HOT...we went ahead 17-7; Central fought back to tie it (thankfully we held 'em to only a field goal) & the game went in to OT. We scored on a 2nd down 25 yard pass. Then on Central's 2nd down, STORM senior Tim Stover INTERCEPTED it to WiN 24-17! The fact that it was AT CENTRAL made the win even better.

I wish I could see the replay! :D

This was the PERFECT end to a 7-3 season & PERFECT beginning to a new SiMPSON STORM DOMiNATiON..it was very special for the seniors, the NEW coaching staff, the 8 SPiRiTED shirtless guys cheering on a freezing day, & the entire SiMPSON community.

READ The Des Moines Register article here.
READ the SiMPSON press release here.
CHECK OUT photos from the game here.
APPLY to SiMPSON for FREE here.
Be a STORM athlete here.

Which of these SiMPSON May Term 2009 trips abroad would YOU like to join?

What is your favorite part of college life, or the thing you look forward to the most?

Monday, August 13, 2007

Iowa Private College Week @ Simpson: One Hot Week. One Cool Time. One GREAT Location!





Greetings! Well, I'm one of the newest Simpson Storm Bloggers, which is quite appropriate since I graduated from Simpson, work for Simpson and pretty much bleed red & gold! Ha :) I'm very excited to share my experiences of being an Admissions Counselor & more specifically, a Road Warrior! I anticipate you'll hear some pretty interesting stories after a few embarrassing moments happened with my past year of travel...like accidentally tearing my jeans completely open in front, down my thigh, exposing everything to the several people around me in Rocky Mountain National Park...or having an entire box of a hundred brochures break open & roll down an airport escalator, spilling everywhere, having to push the emergency stop button & running up & down to gather them all...oh, the journeys of an out-of-state Admissions Counselor. Ha! :P At least I can laugh at myself.

Anyway, to move on to what my blog's title actually indicated...last week was the annual Iowa Private College Week, which despite the repetition of 10 sessions, I was completely re-energized & pumped up about this upcoming year from meeting some of my "new" students! They pretty much rock! What I love about my job is that even though the cycle is repeated from year to year...I get to meet new students & families every year! They all bring something different & interesting to Simpson. So, IPCW was a big success for us, with nearly 400 students & parents attending! I met a variety students from Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota & Nebraska - some music students, some athletes, a dancer, one interested in environmental science & political science (wanting to eventually work for the Sierra Club possibly) & even one who wants to be our mascot! The heat & the storms didn't keep 'em away...yay. :) It was also nice to spend a week with my work friends since I normally work from my home over by Omaha. I'm so lucky to have such a great group of co-workers! I did include a few pictures from IPCW at the top of this blog...

With that said, I hope to entertain you, inform you, get you excited about Simpson & college life in general, with a few chuckles here & there...

Following each blog, I would like to leave you with a quote & a random "Did You Know?" Simpson fact you may not see in a brochure or hear about:
The aim of education should be to teach us rather how to think, than what to think - rather to improve our minds, so as to enable us to think for ourselves, than to load the memory with thoughts of other men. - Bill Beattie

The Simpson Storm Women's Golf Team has won a record nine Iowa Conference Championships, had 15 NCAA National Tournament Appearances & 93 Tournament Victories since 1989, 6 All-Americans and 6 NCAA National Tournament Top 5 Placings!