Current H!GhL!Ght @ the S.C....

SiMPSON DiD iT!

...we UPSET our BiGGEST RiVAL, the Central Dutch in a nervewracking, but AMAZiNG football game last Saturday!

It was a COLD, COLD day, but the STORM was HOT...we went ahead 17-7; Central fought back to tie it (thankfully we held 'em to only a field goal) & the game went in to OT. We scored on a 2nd down 25 yard pass. Then on Central's 2nd down, STORM senior Tim Stover INTERCEPTED it to WiN 24-17! The fact that it was AT CENTRAL made the win even better.

I wish I could see the replay! :D

This was the PERFECT end to a 7-3 season & PERFECT beginning to a new SiMPSON STORM DOMiNATiON..it was very special for the seniors, the NEW coaching staff, the 8 SPiRiTED shirtless guys cheering on a freezing day, & the entire SiMPSON community.

READ The Des Moines Register article here.
READ the SiMPSON press release here.
CHECK OUT photos from the game here.
APPLY to SiMPSON for FREE here.
Be a STORM athlete here.

Which of these SiMPSON May Term 2009 trips abroad would YOU like to join?

What is your favorite part of college life, or the thing you look forward to the most?

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy POST-Labor Day Weekend :)


I'm definitely keeping busy...& it's only September 4th! That's good, though, I like staying AcTiVe (particularly if I'm ENJOYiNG what I do) & I work better under pressure...yes, I can be a procrastinator at times. :)

How'd you guys spend your long weekend?! I spent Labor Day Weekend OUTSiDE, since it was absolutely B-E-A-U-T-i-F-U-L weather & the cooler temps are just around the corner. I drove around a lake for awhile, sat outside by a really sweet water fountain that changes colors at night - I did some writing & reading (nice stress reliever!), went to the awesome Omaha Zoo, & hit the city pool one last time. If you live in the Midwest & you've never been to the Omaha Zoo, I HiGHLY recommend it - it's quite large & impressive. I could contently sit & watch the penguins & monkeys ALL day without getting sick of it, LOL! They're so darn cute & animated...I think people are so fascinated by monkeys, because of how humanlike their manners are. On the extra weekend day, Monday, I went over to my parents' & took them out to dinner for my mom's birthday. It was good to see them. :)

Tuesday, I was back in the office & got to see the campus in AcTiOn since Move-In Day on the 23rd. I introduced myself at a Student Ambassador meeting & was SO excited to see one of my students, Kathryn '10, who is FiNALLY back @ SIMPSON after spending a semester interning at Walt Disney World. It was a communications internship & she got to be some of the characters in the parks, as well as take classes with other college students in the program.

The past couple days I've been busy scheduling high school visits in Minnesota, Nebraska & Colorado, which is quite the chore, particularly working with large cities...deciding which of the hundreds of schools to visit & then organizing them into times/dates while referring to MapQuest to see where they're all located in comparison to each other. Then, like a flock of seagulls swarmin' for that last banana on the beach, you have hundreds of other college reps contacting these same schools to schedule a visit as well (& most likely for the exact time I have down), LOL. Not to mention, each high school has different rules on when college reps can visit...many ONLY over the lunch hours. If a couple times don't work, it totally throws a wrench in it all...so, it's an ongoing process & I'm relieved when I actually GET to the school & SEE the students. I've also been busy creating Facebook events for some upcoming STORM games, plays, & concerts with hopes of increasing the spirit & pride across campus - it's nice to see students & staff support each other outside the classroom, too. RED & GOLD FEVER, here we come...

This Sunday I'll be "on the road again...." This time my 11th (wow, 11th?!) travel season kicks off with a college fair in northeast Nebraska...yes, good ole prairie lands! I'll stay overnight there & then visit some high schools on the way back home on Monday. I'm pretty pumped about getting out there & talking with families; I already have several awesome students to work with this year. I'm not, however, very excited about another hundred Bart & Homer Simpson jokes as people walk by my booth, LOL...

Check out other upcoming college fairs myself & SIMPSON Admissions Counselors will be attending here. We'd love for you to stop by!

And, that isn't the only look-how-cool-SIMPSON-is events we offer! We're also hosting these fun visit days, open houses, & van trips!

PEACE & GO STORM!

No comments: