Current H!GhL!Ght @ the S.C....

SiMPSON DiD iT!

...we UPSET our BiGGEST RiVAL, the Central Dutch in a nervewracking, but AMAZiNG football game last Saturday!

It was a COLD, COLD day, but the STORM was HOT...we went ahead 17-7; Central fought back to tie it (thankfully we held 'em to only a field goal) & the game went in to OT. We scored on a 2nd down 25 yard pass. Then on Central's 2nd down, STORM senior Tim Stover INTERCEPTED it to WiN 24-17! The fact that it was AT CENTRAL made the win even better.

I wish I could see the replay! :D

This was the PERFECT end to a 7-3 season & PERFECT beginning to a new SiMPSON STORM DOMiNATiON..it was very special for the seniors, the NEW coaching staff, the 8 SPiRiTED shirtless guys cheering on a freezing day, & the entire SiMPSON community.

READ The Des Moines Register article here.
READ the SiMPSON press release here.
CHECK OUT photos from the game here.
APPLY to SiMPSON for FREE here.
Be a STORM athlete here.

Which of these SiMPSON May Term 2009 trips abroad would YOU like to join?

What is your favorite part of college life, or the thing you look forward to the most?

Sunday, January 20, 2008

C.H.U.B. Wannabe.

OMG, I am definitely a CHUB now...in one form.

And I hope to be a C.H.U.B. in another form ASAP.

Form #1 = Stepping on my scale for the first time in about a year & realizing that somehow a whole bunch of POUNDAGE snuck its way onto my body....HOW DARE IT! Okay, a few pounds here & there is normal, but risING to my HEAVIEST weight EVER is simply depressing & very unacceptable. ...as I'm sure the hubby would agree!

Form #2 = The Admissions & Financial Aid Office's version of T.V.'s The Biggest Loser, only ours is called the C.H.U.B. CLUB (College Hall Uber Bodies). There are about 8 of us who have a competition for 8 weeks to see who can lose the highest percentage of weight. So...this past Friday, was the beginning of my attempt at obtaining an UBER BODY for summer & more confidence!

Since I'm actually about 20 pounds higher than my usual average, I think I actually have a chance of winning! Other than I enjoy competition, stepping on that scale & seeing that scary number has totally motivated me...I have worked out all weekend & will be back in action in the Body Pump class @ the Y tomorrow. Not all of us can use the celebrity-style diet of simply smoking & starving yourself thin, because we like food too much - that would be me! Not to mention, it doesn't help being the pickiest eater known to man, with most of my dislikes being the nutritious food...AARRGGHH! While on diets, I'm usually stuck eating a whole lot of Cheerios & Corn Bran, grapes, bananas, fruit snacks, pretzels, tuna & spaghetti O's...

I currently have a note with my starting weight taped to the top of my bathroom mirror & my goal weight (cross my fingers) at the bottom of the mirror...I will mark it as I lose each 5. On the other side of my mirror, I have a picture ripped out of the Victoria's Secret Swimsuit Catalog of a suit I'd like to wear comfortably this summer. (Not cuz I plan on looking like that airbrushed, size 0 model!) I'm at least approaching this realistically. I go boating a lot during the summer & I'm ready to GET READY.

Na, na, na, na...na, na, na...
HEY, HEY, HEY...GOOOD-BYE!

My thunder thighs are headed
for a WONDER SIZE!