Current H!GhL!Ght @ the S.C....

SiMPSON DiD iT!

...we UPSET our BiGGEST RiVAL, the Central Dutch in a nervewracking, but AMAZiNG football game last Saturday!

It was a COLD, COLD day, but the STORM was HOT...we went ahead 17-7; Central fought back to tie it (thankfully we held 'em to only a field goal) & the game went in to OT. We scored on a 2nd down 25 yard pass. Then on Central's 2nd down, STORM senior Tim Stover INTERCEPTED it to WiN 24-17! The fact that it was AT CENTRAL made the win even better.

I wish I could see the replay! :D

This was the PERFECT end to a 7-3 season & PERFECT beginning to a new SiMPSON STORM DOMiNATiON..it was very special for the seniors, the NEW coaching staff, the 8 SPiRiTED shirtless guys cheering on a freezing day, & the entire SiMPSON community.

READ The Des Moines Register article here.
READ the SiMPSON press release here.
CHECK OUT photos from the game here.
APPLY to SiMPSON for FREE here.
Be a STORM athlete here.

Which of these SiMPSON May Term 2009 trips abroad would YOU like to join?

What is your favorite part of college life, or the thing you look forward to the most?

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

JUNO & A Great 2008!

I'm off to Des Moines tonight to see Juno & I'm SOOO excited. It's SOOO my kind of comedy & I've heard SOOO many great things about it. I also get to go see it with my friend Drew, which makes the "date" SOOO much cooler! :) I bet you're now SOOO tired of me saying "SOOO?" Okay, I'll stop...

I'm going to DSM because...

Tomorrow is a big Admissions 2008 kick-off meeting in the office - it's time we get fired up about bringing in an awesome Simpson College Class of 2008! It's a good team effort - we all work together. :)

I can't believe it's already mid-year & that my students will be making their final decision within 3-4 months?! CrAzInEsS! I have some incredibly impressive applicants from all over the country (almost 300 from out-of-state) already and anticipate a high number of them to come visit in the coming months as they try to find their college "home."

We have a lot of Admissions events coming up this semester - open houses in Kansas City, Omaha & Chicago, overnight van trips from Nebraska & Minnesota, a Winter Visit Day in February, Music & Theatre Scholarship Audition Weekends in February, and an Art Portfolio Scholarship Day in March! Not to mention in about a month & a half, all of us Admissions Counselors will be hitting the road again to visit high schools & promote the Simpson pride @ college fairs across the country. Then...the most important (& most dreaded) part of a college decision is coming up - financial aid. Those are always difficult calls, as I wish I, personally could fund all my students to have the the Simpson Experience! But I'm grateful for all the help Simpson's financial aid office is able to provide to help somewhat calm those money nerves for families. :)

We love students, we love Simpson College & we're determined to have a GREAT 2008!

No comments: